Monday, January 10, 2011

Help The Haitians, With Your Prayers

I was invited by a local church recently to go to Haiti at the end of February and participate in orphanage work and speak at their ladies day event. Needless to say, I was excited and humbled to receive the invitation and wondered if God was leading me to do something so radical. I knew I needed to hear clearly from Him ASAP in order to make preparations to go seeing as the trip was just around the corner. I asked Mike to pray about it. I also asked one other friend to be in prayer. I knew that we had other ministry obligations going on but I told the LORD that I wanted to do His will. A couple of days later, I got on my face and asked God to speak to me and give me wisdom about the trip. Within a minute or so, I sensed Him say, "Help the Haitians." At first I thought I got a green light to go. But He continued a few seconds later with the words, "with your prayers." So then and there I had my divine instructions. I would not be going to Haiti. But I would be praying for them and thereby helping them.

It has been almost one year since the devastating earthquake struck that country and I have prayed for the people there off and on since. But now I will be listening for specific prayer prompts in response to this new mandate. Lord, teach me how to pray for those precious people. The thing I love most about hearing from God over ministry assignments is KNOWING that IT WAS HIM, so that I don't ever have to second guess myself. I am just free to pray and serve. And that peace that surpasses all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus is priceless!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, good for you for listening with such good ears! I know you will be praying and that is SO important... the most important and so many do not do it! Thanks for being a prayer warrior in this.