Monday, August 11, 2008

Molly Has Chosen What Is Better!

Today starts the grief period for me because summer 2008 is coming to an end. Molly and Jonny are both moving to Morehead on Friday so this week will be all about preparation and packing. Sophie is going back to Columbia College in Chicago on Friday as well! But the big surprise for me is how I have been an emotional wreck these past few days because Molly decided to leave Belmont and transfer to Morehead. I have known all summer that this was a possibility and we have prayed and sought God's will for her in this matter. Last week when she officially withdrew from Belmont, I became somewhat emo and I believe God was exposing a root of sinful self-interest in me. Why did I care so much about her transferring? Does it really matter what college or university her degree comes from? Well, he proceeded to expose pride in my heart. I honestly did not see this coming. But, sure enough, I was a wreck over her decision to leave precious little "Belmont" and transfer to Morehead. I mean Nashville has everything and Morehead has...what? Did you know that the road to the White House runs through Belmont? This little gem of a school has got it going on! So how could transferring to Morewho, I mean Morehead be a good decision? Well, this morning in my quiet time I believe God confirmed His will for her to me. The passage-Mary and Martha in Luke 10:38-42. When I read it I saw me "worried and upset about so many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better..." I knew immediately that God had spoken to me and confirmed that it was His will for this school transfer. Also, I remembered that the name Molly is a diminutive form of the name Mary so I knew that He was in essence saying to me, "Molly has chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from her. So there it was-Morehead was better for Molly than Belmont! Only God knows why but I will choose to trust Him and put this issue to rest. Luke 9:48 b (MSG) says, "You become great by accepting, not asserting.  Your spirit, not your size, makes the difference." In other words, it's God's Holy Spirit in you, not the degree you receive or where you receive it from that makes the difference in your life.  Thank you, LORD, for the delivering word. I needed it! Love, joy, peace... Dana

No comments: