Thursday, August 21, 2008

Restorer of Streets With Dwellings!

Isaiah 58:12 says, "Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations. You will be called repairer of broken walls, restorer of streets with dwellings." Don't you know that God totally spoke to me on Tues. morning through this verse!! Mike has felt led to begin a neighborhood bible study ever since Bruce "Prayer of Jabez" Wilkinson spoke to our church in May and challenged us to fill the pews. I must confess that I had been complacent about inviting people to FBCR. And God exposed my complacency through Bruce. I personally thought that a neighborhood bible study (NBS) was a great idea and I knew I wanted to be involved. Over the summer, Mike and I prayed while he researched seeker group studies. God began to bring clarity to him about how to approach it only I knew I didn't quite have the vision Mike had for this ministry. I kept asking Mike questions like, "Do we invite random people from all over Bellefonte or how do we know exactly who to invite?" He told me a couple of weeks ago that we should start with inviting just the houses on our STREET (more specifically just those on our block). On Monday night, I wasn't sleeping well and was praying about all I potentially was supposed to be involved with for the fall and I asked God to give me a passion and confirmation for the NBS. On Tuesday morning during my "quiet time" I began reading Isaiah 58 which is my all-time favorite passage. When I got to verse 12, I got my confirmation. God spoke directly to me using the word STREET to confirm that I was to be in partnership with Mike in leading a study. I then became really excited about the NBS because the God of the Universe told me to get on board because He was ordaining it! Thank you, Father. I can and will trust You as we begin to point some people to You so that You may make some "home improvements." Serving You is my privilege. Ciao! Dana <><

No comments: