Monday, August 18, 2008

"You'll See" Glory's Just Around The Corner!

Well, Molly, Jonny and Sophie are officially moved into their respective college homes. On Friday, I helped Molly get moved into her dorm at MSU. It was somewhat of a hostile environment on the part of 2 of the 3 new roomies. Let's just say that it was quite obvious that "some" had settled in and really didn't seemed thrilled that 2 more would be joining them. But after all, it was a 4 girl room. I must say, that Molly took the high road in her attitude of heart. I was proud of the spiritual maturity she was displaying by the fact that she was responding in the spirit and not the flesh. I struggled a bit because I kept comparing Belmont Univ. to Morehead St. Univ. My flesh definitely wanted to make an appearance! But I know quite well that God is not into comparisons and so I had to pray, pray, pray throughout the day. But the cool thing is that He specifically spoke to me on Friday morning as I showered and before we even left the house. I asked Him, "Why Morehead, Lord?" He replied, "You'll see." "When," I prodded, and He said, "Wait." I then asked, "Did You just say wait?" "Yes," He said. So I totally got a "You'll see, wait, and yes," from the Lord. The next day I was watching Monk on the DVR and at one point on the submarine episode, Mr. Monk said, "You'll see, be patient." He was recreating a silencer out of a soda pop bottle. I asked Molly(she came back home with Kev Sat. morning for Shannon's b-day) to roll it back because those words reminded me of what God had spoken to me just the day before. It was as if He were reminding me again first of all because at that time, I NEEDED REMINDING. That moment also reinforced the point that something BIG was at stake. On Sun. morning in my quiet time I read from 1 Peter 4 in the Message. It talked about glory being just around the corner and going through what Christ experienced being a spiritual refining process-this was an answer to a question I had asked God on Friday night. (Lord, just what are we dealing with regarding the Morehead roommate situation?) We are to rejoice that we participate in the sufferings of Christ. I also loved what He spoke to me in my devo.-Just believe, trust Me, and let not your heart be troubled. Perfect words for my battle with #1 the transfer and #2 the unwelcoming roommates. God has been preparing me all week for what was going down. I wavered in and out of belief. I let the enemy get to me at times. I confessed my unbelief as sin and then chose to believe. I KNOW God is doing a BIG thing and that I will SEE it in His timing. This pumps me up! (ala Hans and Franz) Thank you Lord for loving me through this emo weekend. Above all love, each other deeply because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet. 4:8 Love, Dana

No comments: